EVERETT SILVERTIPS at TRI-CITY AMERICANS – TOYOTA CENTER
Sunday, March 19, 2017 | RADIO: Fox Sports AM 1380 / 95.3 FM | TIPS Mobile App
WATCH PARTY: Sporty’s Beef & Brew
Coming off last night’s regular season home finale victory to clinch the U.S. Division title and top seed in the Western Conference, the Silvertips end the regular season today against the Tri-City Americans at Toyota Center … the Silvertips are aiming for their second season in franchise history of 100 points or better … the Silvertips are 19-9-6-1 on the road this season and went 4-2-0-0 on a recent six-game road trip, ending Friday.
EVT 5 – VIC 2 (3-18-17): Aaron Irving, Dominic Zwerger and Kevin Davis each collected multi point games and the Everett Silvertips slammed three power play goals, cruising past the Victoria Royals in a 5-2 victory and clinching their fifth U.S. Division title before a crowd of 7,989 at XFINITY Arena on Saturday in WHL action. Earning their third straight win in four days, the Tips authored a four game sweep against Victoria this season. The Silvertips captured their second division title in three seasons.
NEXT THREE GAMES (all times PT)
DATE OPPONENT TIME SITE RADIO
—- END OF REGULAR SEASON —-
3/24/17 Victoria (Game 1, R-1) 7:35pm XFINITY Arena KRKO 1380 AM & 95.3 FM/ Tips App
3/25/17 Victoria (Game 2, R-1) 7:05pm XFINITY Arena KRKO 1380 AM & 95.3 FM/ Tips App
SERIES SCHEDULE NOTES
Tonight is the final of ten meetings this season against Tri-City … the Silvertips and Americans last met on Mar. 11 and the Silvertips took a 5-1 defeat at Toyota Center … the Tips are 21-30-7-2 on the road, lifetime at Tri-City … the two clubs will meet one more time in Kennewick to close the series … Patrick Bajkov, Kevin Davis, and Dominic Zwerger each have seven points to lead the Silvertips in the head-to-head series.
SEASON SERIES (Silvertips 5-2-2-0)
October 2nd Everett 2 – at Tri-City 3 (OT)
October 5th at Everett 3 – Tri-City 1
October 7th at Everett 1 – Tri-City 4
October 27th at Everett 4 – Tri-City 2
December 7th Tri-City 4 – at Everett 3 (OT)
December 16th at Everett 4 – Tri-City 1
January 21st Everett 4 – at Tri-City 2
February 1st Everett 1 – at Tri-City 5
March 11th Everett 5 – at Tri-City 1
March 19th at Tri-City 5:05PM PT
- The Silvertips earned the 500th win in their franchise history on Feb. 4 vs. Vancouver
- Kevin Constantine earned the 300th win in his Silvertips career on Nov. 26 vs. Prince George
- Patrick Bajkov played in the 200th game of his Silvertips career on Sept. 23 vs. Vancouver
- Carter Hart played in the 100th game of his Silvertips career on Oct. 11 at Prince George
- Noah Juulsen played in his 200th game of his Silvertips career and collected his 100th point on Oct. 22 at Victoria
- Dominic Zwerger played in his 200th WHL game on Oct. 22 at Victoria
- Matt Fonteyne earned the 100th point in his Silvertips career on Jan. 6 at Seattle
- Aaron Irving is 1 assist away from 100 in his WHL career
- Kevin Davis earned the 100th point in his Silvertips and WHL career on Mar. 4 vs Seattle
- The Silvertips are U.S. Division champions and have claimed top record in the Western Conference
- The Silvertips are guaranteed home ice advantage through the Conference Finals
- The Silvertips will face the Victoria Royals in the opening round of the WHL Playoffs (full schedule to be announced)
TOP 5 TIPS TIDBITS
- IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT: The Tips have won the U.S. Division five times in 14 seasons of play and twice in the last three seasons.
- THE GOLD STANDARD OF CONSISTENCY: The Silvertips clinched a playoff berth in a 3-1 win over Kamloops on Feb. 25 … it was the 14th time in 14 seasons they clinched a playoff spot … the Silvertips are the only WHL team to make the postseason every year since they began play in 2003-04 … they have secured home ice advantage in the first round.
- YOUTH IS SERVED: 14 players on the Silvertips roster are 98-born or younger … minus goaltender Carter Hart, they have combined for over 650 games of experience this season, averaging to over 53 games played … 99-born Jake Christiansen has played in all 71 games this season … 99-born Connor Dewar and rookie defenseman Wyatte Wylie have each missed only one game this season.
- ON POINT: On last Wednesday, the Silvertips defeated Spokane, 4-0 to reach the 40-win plateau for the fifth time in franchise history … they have reached 40 wins in two of the last three seasons … with their win last night vs. Victoria, the Silvertips reached 99 points, the most in one season since 2006-07 and ranking as second best record in franchise history.
- FIRST THING’S FIRST: The Silvertips scored the first goal of the game in 44 games this season … when scoring first, the Silvertips are 34-4-5-1 this season … the Silvertips scored first, in last night’s win vs. Victoria (5-2).
ON THE BOARD
The following Silvertips have collected their first career WHL point this season:
- Bryce Kindopp (goal) – Sept. 23 at VAN (7-3 win)
- Brett Kemp (assist) – Sept. 23 at VAN (7-3 win)
- Wyatte Wylie (assist) – Sept. 30 at POR (3-1 win)
- Eetu Tuulola (goal) – Oct. 2 at TC (2-3 OT loss)
- Montana Onyebuchi (assist) – Oct. 11 at PG (4-0 win)
- Brandson Hein (assist) – Oct. 27 vs. TC (4-2 win)
- Orrin Centazzo (goal) – Nov. 16 at KAM (1-2 OT loss)
- Ian Walker (assist) – Dec. 28 vs VAN (4-1 win)
BY THE NUMBERS – THE TIPS RECORD, WHEN THEY SCORE A GOAL: