EVERETT SILVERTIPS vs MEDICINE HAT TIGERS – XFINITY ARENA
Friday, December 2, 2016 | RADIO: Fox Sports AM 1380 / 95.3 FM | TIPS Mobile App
The Silvertips host the Medicine Hat Tigers in the only meeting between the two teams this season … both teams are separated by just one point for the top record in the WHL (Medicine Hat leads with 43 points) … Medicine Hat leads the WHL with 138 goals and the Silvertips have allowed the fewest with 45 (league low 1.7 goals allowed per game) … the Silvertips are ranked #4 in the CHL Top 10 rankings, carry a record of 12-2-0-0 at home this season and hold first place in the Western Conference and U.S. Division … the Silvertips were 8-1-2 in the month of November … they are 4-1-0-0 vs. teams from the Eastern Conference … the Silvertips defeated Kootenay, 5-0 in their last game on Wednesday … Medicine Hat has won 10 games in a row and last defeated Prince Albert, 4-1 on Tuesday.
NEXT THREE GAMES
DATE OPPONENT TIME SITE RADIO
12/7/16 TRI-CITY 7:05pm XFINITY Arena KRKO 1380 AM & 95.3 FM/ Tips App
12/9/16 @ Vancouver 7:30pm Langley Events Centre KRKO 1380 AM & 95.3 FM/ Tips App
12/10/16 @ Portland 7:00pm Memorial Coliseum KRKO 1380 AM & 95.3 FM/ Tips App
SERIES SCHEDULE NOTES
Tonight is the only meeting this season between the Silvertips and Medicine Hat … the Silvertips hold a record of 7-6-0-0 all-time against Medicine Hat … their last meeting took place at Canalta Centre on Nov. 20, 2015 (2-1 Silvertips defeat) … the Silvertips are in search of their first home win in the series since Nov. 18, 2012 (2-1 victory) … the two teams faced off in the 2004 WHL Finals (Medicine Hat won the series, 4-0).
Home Record vs. Medicine Hat: 3-3-0-0 (W-L-OTL-SOL)
Road Record @ Medicine Hat: 4-3-0-0
Last Everett Home Win vs. Medicine Hat: 11/18/12; Everett 2, Medicine Hat 1
Last Everett Home Loss vs. Medicine Hat: 12/5/14; Medicine Hat 5, Everett 3
Last Everett Overtime Win vs. Medicine Hat: N/A
Last Everett Overtime Loss vs. Medicine Hat: N/A
Last Everett Shootout Win vs. Medicine Hat: N/A
Last Everett Shootout Loss vs. Medicine Hat: N/A
Most Goals by Everett vs. Medicine Hat: 4 (3 times, most recent: 11/22/13; Everett 4 @ Medicine Hat 3)
Most Goals by Medicine Hat vs. Everett: 10 (11/1/11; Medicine Hat 10, Everett 2)
Most Goals, Both Teams: 12 (11/1/11; Medicine Hat 10, Everett 2)
Last Everett Shutout vs. Medicine Hat: N/A
Last Medicine Hat Shutout vs. Everett: N/A
- Kevin Constantine earned the 300th win in his Silvertips career on Nov. 26 vs. Prince George
- Patrick Bajkov played in the 200th game of his Silvertips career on Sept. 23 vs. Vancouver
- Carter Hart played in the 100th game of his Silvertips career on Oct. 11 at Prince George
- Noah Juulsen played in his 200th game of his Silvertips career and collected his 100th point on Oct. 22 at Victoria
- Dominic Zwerger played in his 200th WHL game on Oct. 22 at Victoria
- Matt Fonteyne is 10 points away from 100 in his Silvertips career
TOP 5 TIPS TIDBITS
- WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL: Silvertips head coach Kevin Constantine is in his fourth consecutive season behind the bench, and eighth overall in Everett … he earned his 300th career Tips win on Nov. 26 vs. Prince George … he was named WHL coach of the year in 2003-04 … under his watch, the Silvertips have won the U.S. Division four times … he is 301-169-60 all-time behind the Silvertips bench … he has served as head coach in the National Hockey League for eight years (San Jose, Pittsburgh, New Jersey)
- PROGRESS REPORT: Through 20 games, the Silvertips earned 33 points (15-2-3 record), their most to open the season in that span since 2006-07 and second most in franchise history through the first 20 games … the Silvertips went 18-1-1 (37 points) in 2006-07 for the first 20 games under head coach Kevin Constantine.
- BLAST OFF: The Silvertips are one point (42 points) behind top record in the WHL, are tied for second in WHL win percentage (.808), and are in first place in the U.S. Division … they are 11-1-3 in the last 15 games … they are 12-2-0 at home and 7-1-4 on the road … by going 11-1-3 in a recent 15 game span (eight on the road), they outscored their opposition, 50-28 … they have allowed two goals or less in 13 of the last 14 games.
- FIRST THING’S FIRST: The Silvertips have scored the first goal of the game in 20 of 25 games this season … when scoring first, the Silvertips are 16-1-3 this season … the Silvertips last scored first in Wednesday’s 5-0 win over Kootenay
- HOT STREAKS: Forward Dominic Zwerger had a ten game point streak (longest in the WHL this season) … he owns 13 points in the last 12 games … goaltender Carter Hart is 9-1-2 in the last 12 games and has allowed just one goal or less in eight of those appearances … he has not allowed a goal for 187:01 (a new Silvertips record) … Orrin Centazzo has points in 5 of the last 6 games.
ON THE BOARD
The following Silvertips have collected their first career WHL point this season:
- Bryce Kindopp (goal) – Sept. 23 at VAN (7-3 win)
- Brett Kemp (assist) – Sept. 23 at VAN (7-3 win)
- Wyatte Wylie (assist) – Sept. 30 at POR (3-1 win)
- Eetu Tuulola (goal) – Oct. 2 at TC (2-3 OT loss)
- Montana Onyebuchi (assist) – Oct. 11 at PG (4-0 win)
- Brandson Hein (assist) – Oct. 27 vs. TC (4-2 win)
- Orrin Centazzo (goal) – Nov. 16 at KAM (1-2 OT loss)
- Bradly Goethals (goal) – Nov. 25 vs EDM (5-2 win)
BY THE NUMBERS – THE TIPS RECORD, WHEN THEY SCORE A GOAL:
HART HAULS HONORS
Goaltender Carter Hart – CHL Goaltender of the Year, first goaltender selected in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft … named WHL Goaltender of the Week on Nov. 21 … was named to the CHL/NHL Prospects Game in 2015-16 in Vancouver (Team Orr) … named Silvertips MVP for the 2015-16 season … during the month of November he was 6-1-2 and led the league with a 1.11 goals-against-average, in addition to a .959 save percentage and three shutouts … he is coming off CHL Goaltender of the Week honors, the WHL Goaltender of the Month and his second straight WHL Goaltender of the Week award .. he is 67-32-4-8 with 14 shutouts in 115 career WHL regular season appearances.
CARTER HART, AMONG THE SILVERTIPS LEADERS:
WINS (CAREER) SHUTOUTS (CAREER)
|1||Leland Irving||03-08||107||1||Leland Irving||03-08||21|
|2||Austin Lotz||11-15||72||2||Carter Hart||13-17||14|
|3||Kent Simpson||07-12||71||3||Michael Wall||03-05||12|
|4||Carter Hart||13-17||67||4||Austin Lotz||11-15||10|
|5||Michael Wall||03-05||35||5||Kent Simpson||07-12||6|
THE KEVIN CONSTANTINE FILE
Kevin Constantine is in his eighth season overall as head coach of the Silvertips, ranking as the club’s all-time leader in wins (301) and posting a record of 301-169-60 in his Everett career. All four of the Silvertips’ division titles have been achieved with Constantine as head coach, most recently in 2014-15 which was Everett’s first since 2006-07. He was the recipient of the Dunc McCallum Trophy (WHL Coach of the Year) in 2003-04, when the Silvertips broke nearly every WHL expansion record and became the first expansion team in WHL history to win a division title. Constantine has coached in the NHL over the course of seven seasons with San Jose, Pittsburgh and New Jersey, helping guide all three clubs to an appearance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.