EVERETT SILVERTIPS vs PRINCE GEORGE COUGARS – XFINITY ARENA
Friday, December 30, 2016 | RADIO: Fox Sports AM 1380 / 95.3 FM | TIPS Mobile App
The Silvertips host the Prince George Cougars in the final game of their homestand and the finale of a four game season series … the Silvertips are 10-1-2 in their last 13 games and carry the top record in the WHL and are first place in the U.S. Division … the Silvertips entered the day carrying the #3 spot in the CHL Top 10 rankings … they are 17-2-1-0 at home and are 8-2-5 on the road … the Silvertips are 9-0-3 against teams from the B.C. Division.
ABOUT THOSE JERSEYS?
The Silvertips will be wearing a specialty “throwback style” jersey tonight, with all game worn models available for purchase to the pubic … more details are available at www.everettsilvertips.com/throwback.
CEREMONIAL PUCK DROP
In the house tonight: welcome back @dangendur71!
— Everett Silvertips (@WHLsilvertips) December 30, 2016
NEXT THREE GAMES
DATE OPPONENT TIME SITE RADIO
1/6/17 at Seattle 7:35pm ShoWare Center KRKO 1380 AM & 95.3 FM/ Tips App
1/7/17 at Portland 6:00pm Memorial Coliseum KRKO 1380 AM & 95.3 FM/ Tips App
1/11/17 SPOKANE 7:05pm XFINITY Arena KRKO 1380 AM & 95.3 FM/ Tips App
SERIES SCHEDULE NOTES
Tonight is the finale of four meetings between the Silvertips and Prince George (Silvertips lead, 3-0) … both teams are ranked in the CHL Top 10 rankings … last season, the Silvertips split four games against Prince George with a record of 2-2-0-0 … the Silvertips have an all-time record of 34-17-3-2 against Prince George … Sean Richards leads the Silvertips with five points in three games in the series … the Silvertips are 9-5-1 against Prince George, over the last 5 years.
SEASON SERIES (Silvertips 3-0-0-0)
October 11th Silvertips 4 – at Prince George 0
October 12th Silvertips 6 – at Prince George 3
November 26th at Silvertips 3 – Prince George 0
December 30th vs Prince George 7:35PM PT
- Kevin Constantine earned the 300th win in his Silvertips career on Nov. 26 vs. Prince George
- Patrick Bajkov played in the 200th game of his Silvertips career on Sept. 23 vs. Vancouver
- Carter Hart played in the 100th game of his Silvertips career on Oct. 11 at Prince George
- Noah Juulsen played in his 200th game of his Silvertips career and collected his 100th point on Oct. 22 at Victoria
- Dominic Zwerger played in his 200th WHL game on Oct. 22 at Victoria
- Matt Fonteyne is 3 points away from 100 in his Silvertips career
TOP 5 TIPS TIDBITS
- SOMETHING SPECIAL: Everett’s power play is tied for 7th in the WHL (22.8 pct) … they are tied for 4th at home (25.3) … the Silvertips penalty killing is third in the WHL (85.2) … they lead the WHL with top penalty kill percentage at home (89.1).
- PROGRESS REPORT: The Silvertips went 21-4-5 through the first 30 games of the season, the second best mark through 30 games in club history … the Silvertips went 25-4-1 in 2006-07, their most points secured through 30 games.
- BLAST OFF: The Silvertips hold the top record in the WHL and U.S. Division … they are 16-2-5 in the last 23 games … they are 17-2-1 at home and 8-2-5 on the road … by going 11-1-3 in a recent 15 game span (eight on the road), they outscored their opposition, 50-28.
- FIRST THING’S FIRST: The Silvertips scored the first goal of the game in 24 games this season … when scoring first, the Silvertips are 18-1-4 this season … the Silvertips last scored first in last night’s 5-4 OT loss at Vancouver.
- HOT STREAKS: Forward Dominic Zwerger had a ten game point streak (previously longest in the WHL this season) … he currently is on a nine game streak, he owns 15 points in that span, starting in December … … Patrick Bajkov’s hat trick on Dec. 2 was the first of the Silvertips season – he set a new club record for fastest two goals (:15) … he has points in 11 of the last 12 games … defenseman Kevin Davis has 12 points in the last 9 games.
REPRESENTING WITH HONOR
Defenseman Noah Juulsen and goaltender Carter Hart were named to Canada’s roster for the 2017 IIHF World Junior Championship … the Silvertips duo are a part of 22 total players who earned a spot on Canada’s roster, who opened the tournament against Russia (5-3 win) at Air Canada Centre in Toronto on Dec. 26 … this year, the gold medal game will be hosted in Montreal … the Silvertips are the only team in the WHL to have more than one player represented on Canada’s roster … the last Silvertip to appear in the WJC (top level) was defenseman Mirco Mueller (Switzerland) in 2014.
ON THE BOARD
The following Silvertips have collected their first career WHL point this season:
- Bryce Kindopp (goal) – Sept. 23 at VAN (7-3 win)
- Brett Kemp (assist) – Sept. 23 at VAN (7-3 win)
- Wyatte Wylie (assist) – Sept. 30 at POR (3-1 win)
- Eetu Tuulola (goal) – Oct. 2 at TC (2-3 OT loss)
- Montana Onyebuchi (assist) – Oct. 11 at PG (4-0 win)
- Brandson Hein (assist) – Oct. 27 vs. TC (4-2 win)
- Orrin Centazzo (goal) – Nov. 16 at KAM (1-2 OT loss)
- Bradly Goethals (goal) – Nov. 25 vs EDM (5-2 win)
- Ian Walker (assist) – Dec. 28 vs VAN (4-1 win)
BY THE NUMBERS – THE TIPS RECORD, WHEN THEY SCORE A GOAL:
HART HAULS HONORS
Goaltender Carter Hart – CHL Goaltender of the Year, first goaltender selected in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft … named WHL Goaltender of the Week on Nov. 21 … was named to the CHL/NHL Prospects Game in 2015-16 in Vancouver (Team Orr) … named Silvertips MVP for the 2015-16 season … during the month of November he was 6-1-2 and led the league with a 1.11 goals-against-average, in addition to a .959 save percentage and three shutouts … he is coming off CHL Goaltender of the Week honors, the WHL Goaltender of the Month and his second straight WHL Goaltender of the Week award .. he is 69-32-5-8 with 14 shutouts in 118 career WHL regular season appearances.
CARTER HART, AMONG THE SILVERTIPS LEADERS:
WINS (CAREER) SHUTOUTS (CAREER)
|1||Leland Irving||03-08||107||1||Leland Irving||03-08||21|
|2||Austin Lotz||11-15||72||2||Carter Hart||13-17||14|
|3||Kent Simpson||07-12||71||3||Michael Wall||03-05||12|
|4||Carter Hart||13-17||69||4||Austin Lotz||11-15||10|
|5||Michael Wall||03-05||35||5||Kent Simpson||07-12||6|
THE KEVIN CONSTANTINE FILE
Kevin Constantine is in his eighth season overall as head coach of the Silvertips, ranking as the club’s all-time leader in wins (307) and posting a record of 307-170-61 in his Everett career. All four of the Silvertips’ division titles have been achieved with Constantine as head coach, most recently in 2014-15 which was Everett’s first since 2006-07. He was the recipient of the Dunc McCallum Trophy (WHL Coach of the Year) in 2003-04, when the Silvertips broke nearly every WHL expansion record and became the first expansion team in WHL history to win a division title. Constantine has coached in the NHL over the course of seven seasons with San Jose, Pittsburgh and New Jersey, helping guide all three clubs to an appearance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
The Silvertips roster, categorized by birth year and hometown:
96: Millar, Skrumeda, Zwerger
97: Bajkov, Fonteyne, Skoleski, Juulsen, Davis, Petit
98: Hart, Richards, Tuulola, Hein, Goethals
99: Sutter, King, Dewar, Christiansen, Wylie, Kindopp, Luding
00: Kemp, Centazzo, Walker, Onyebuchi, Fairbrother
BC: Bajkov, Millar, Juulsen, Christiansen, Davis, Walker, Luding, Fairbrother
AB: Sutter, Fonteyne, Centazzo, Richards, Kindopp, Hart
MB: Hein, Skoleski, Dewar, Onyebuchi, Skrumeda, Petit, Goethals
HOW THE SILVERTIPS WERE BUILT
- Kevin Davis (D) – Drafted, 1st round (11th overall)
- Matt Fonteyne (C) – Drafted, 3rd round (66th overall)
- Noah Juulsen (D) – Drafted, 4th round (70th overall)
- Patrick Bajkov (RW) – Drafted, 6th round (128th overall)
- Carter Hart (G) – Drafted, 8th round (158th overall)
- Lucas Skrumeda (D) – Signed to WHL Educational Contract, 9/3
- Bryce Kindopp (RW) – Drafted, 3rd round (49th overall)
- Brian King (F) – Drafted, 4th round (82nd overall)
- Jake Christiansen (D) – Drafted, 5th round (105th overall)
- Connor Dewar (C) – Drafted, 5th round (107th overall)
- Riley Sutter (RW) – Drafted, 6th round (125th overall)
- Wyatte Wylie (D) – Drafted, 6th round (128th overall)
- Graham Millar (RW) – Acquired from Saskatoon in exchange for a 5th round selection in the ’15 Draft, 6/30
- Mario Petit (G) – Signed to WHL Educational Contract, 9/3
- Brett Kemp (C) – Drafted, 2nd round (41st overall)
- Ian Walker (D) – Drafted, 3rd round (60th overall)
- Montana Onyebuchi (D) – Drafted, 3rd round (63rd overall)
- Gianni Fairbrother (D) – Drafted, 4th round (80th overall)
- Orrin Centazzo (F) – Drafted, 5th round (107th overall)
- Devon Skoleski (F) – Signed to WHL Educational Contract, 9/9
- Eetu Tuulola (F) – Selected, Import Draft
- Sean Richards (LW) – Acquired from Regina along with a fourth round selection in the ’17 Draft, and conditional picks in exchange for left wing Dawson Leedahl and the rights to forward Tyson Jost, 7/22
- Brandson Hein (F) – Signed to a WHL Educational Contract, 9/2
- Dominic Zwerger (F) – Acquired from Spokane in exchange for a third round selection in the ’17 Draft, 9/25
- Bradly Goethals (F) – Acquired from Brandon in exchange for a conditional seventh round selection in the ’18 draft, 10/12
- Dorrin Luding (G) – Acquired from Saskatoon in exchange for a sixth round selection in the ’19 draft, 11/29