By Sarah Roetcisoender
Teddy Bear Toss is right around the corner on December 2, 2017 against the Saskatoon Blades. In other words, this is the perfect pick-me-up after what maybe drained you on Black Friday.
The Silvertips will take to the ice at 7:05pm to battle the Blades with a fun twist this night. When the Tips secure their first goal of the evening fans will toss teddies onto the ice to be donated to the Christmas House and Warm 106.9 Teddy Bear Patrol.
Here are a few reminders for the game!
- Bring as many stuffed animals as you’d like!
- Wrap then in a plastic bag to keep them dry when they hit the ice
- Bring any size or type of stuffed animal you’d like (teddies are just as welcome as dogs and unicorns)
- Tag us in photos and posts all night! (Twitter @WHLSilvertips IG @everett_silvertips)
Please do not…
- Throw anything besides stuffed animals on the ice. This event is only possible if we keep everyone safe! Plus that’s treading into “the Silvertips take a penalty because of what you just did” territory. That wouldn’t be good.
- Under throw your bear … you’ll have to chuck that bear over the glass! ‘Teddy Bear Chuck’ just didn’t have the same ring…but just tossing it won’t get the job done!
The Silvertips are looking forward to this opportunity to showcase the generosity of our fans and give to great organizations this holiday season.
We hope to see you there!