EVERETT, Wash. – The Everett Silvertips (@WHLSilvertips), five time U.S. Division champions of the Western Hockey League, announced today their 15th anniversary season and 2017-18 regular season schedule will open at home on Saturday, Sept. 23, at 7:05 p.m. against the Portland Winterhawks at XFINITY Arena.
Priority seating and guaranteed home opener tickets are now available by placing a $50 deposit for Silvertips Season Ticket or Mini-Plan Packages (available in full season, 22-game, or 14-game plans) at www.everettsilvertips.com/season or by calling (425) 252-5100. Mini-Plan Packages for 22 and 14 games will be available in July.
All Silvertips home games are at XFINITY Arena in downtown Everett, scheduled for the following times:
- 7:05 p.m. – Tuesday-Thursdays, Saturdays
- 7:35 p.m. – Fridays
- 4:05 p.m. – Sundays and Jan. 15
The Silvertips will officially raise their 2016-17 U.S. Division championship banner and for the second time in franchise history, host Portland in the home opener at XFINITY Arena. The matchup marks the first time since 2004-05 the Tips host the Winterhawks in the first home game of the season. The Silvertips are 7-5-1-1 in home openers, all-time and defeated the Vancouver Giants, 3-1 to open the regular season home schedule at XFINITY Arena on Sept. 23.
The Silvertips will announce more events and a complete schedule of promotions in coordination with the 15th anniversary season soon.
Among the highlights of the 2017-18 schedule:
- 31 of 36 Silvertips home games at XFINITY Arena will be played on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday
- Home opener on Saturday, Sept. 23 vs. Portland (7:05 p.m.)
- First matchup of the season against the Seattle Thunderbirds, Sunday, Oct. 22 (4:05 p.m.), highlighting the return of “Pink The Rink” and the first matchup since last season’s second round playoff series. Both franchises are each other’s closest geographic rival, located 46 miles apart between Everett and Kent.
- “Teddy Bear Toss,” returning to XFINITY Arena on Saturday, Dec. 2 vs. the Saskatoon Blades (7:05 p.m.).
- “Local Heroes Night,” returning to XFINITY Arena on Saturday, Feb. 17 (7:05 p.m.) against the Seattle Thunderbirds.
- “Navy Night,” returning to XFINITY Arena on Saturday, Mar. 3 (7:05 p.m.) against the Thunderbirds.
- The lone matchup of the season against the Regina Pats, last season’s winner of the Scotty Munro Trophy, defending Eastern Conference champions and host of this season’s Memorial Cup tournament, on Sunday, Nov. 19 at XFINITY Arena (4:05 p.m.)
- The first matchup against the Victoria Royals, in Victoria on Friday, Jan. 5 at 7:05 p.m. It will be the first meeting since last season’s Silvertips first round and six-game playoff series victory, and first time in Victoria since Game 6 of the series that went five overtimes as the longest game in CHL history.
- A traditional Martin Luther King Jr. afternoon game at XFINITY Arena against the Tri-City Americans on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018 (4:05 p.m.).
- The Silvertips road circuit against teams from the Central Division, lasting six straight games (and part of a season long nine-game road trip) and starting in Calgary on Friday, Oct. 6 and ending in Kootenay on Saturday, Oct. 14
- The Silvertips regular season home finale, Friday, Mar. 16 (7:35 p.m.) against the Victoria Royals
The Silvertips 72-game regular season schedule is available by clicking here.
Further promotional details on the Silvertips home opener, the 2017-18 promotional schedule, and single game ticket purchasing information will be announced soon.