The Silvertips’ annual Teddy Bear Toss will take place on Saturday, Dec. 15 against the Seattle Thunderbirds at AOTW Arena. When the Silvertips score their first goal of the game, you’re invited to throw your teddy bear or other stuffed animal on the ice. From there our partners, Christmas House and Warm 106.9 Teddy Bear Patrol, will take care of getting those stuffed animals to children who need them.
In case you need a refresher on how the Teddy Bear Toss goes, or are attending for the first time, here’s some tips to get you started:
- You don’t just have to bring teddy bears! “Teddy Bear Toss” has a nice ring to it, but it doesn’t mean you can only toss stuffed bears on the ice. You can bring any kind of stuffed animal you like! Stuffed animals must be new or gently used.
- Bring as many stuffed animals as you want! There’s no limit on how many children and families you can help this holiday season. There’s also no limit on the size of the stuffed animals you bring.
- Wrap your stuffed animal in a plastic bag before you toss it! This will keep them dry when they hit the ice, and make cleanup easier for us. If you aren’t able to bring plastic bags, they will be provided on the concourse.
- Toss that teddy bear hard! Make sure you’re throwing your stuffed animal far enough that it lands on the ice. If someone’s bear doesn’t quite make it, help them out and toss it again.
- Please only throw stuffed animals, and not anything else!
- Tag us in your photos and videos of the Teddy Bear Toss! We’re @WHLSilvertips on Twitter and @everett_silvertips on Instagram.
The Teddy Bear Toss Benefits two local organizations dedicated to helping children in need through stuffed toys this holiday season. Christmas House is non-profit in Everett that provides an opportunity to qualifying, low-income, Snohomish County parents to select free holiday gifts for their children age infant-18. Warm 106.9 Teddy Bear Patrol provides teddy bears to local hospitals, police and fire departments, social service agencies and others working with children in stressful situations.
The Silvertips are looking forward to this opportunity to showcase the generosity of our fans and give to great organizations this holiday season.
We hope to see you there!