He put together one of the most memorable seasons of improvement, that it was too hard to ignore.
A jump of 1 goal to 33 goals does the trick. Now a formal part of the Tampa Bay Lightning pipeline, Gage Goncalves enters a new decade: both on the calendar and in life. He’s looking to make the most of it after being taken in the second round in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
What he’s done:
- Named Silvertips Most Improved Player last season
- Ranked third on the program in points (71), second in goals (33), third in assists (38), second in game winning goals (7), tied the lead in power play goals (14) and was +32 in 60 games.
- Experienced a 56 point and 32 goal increase from his 2018-19 rookie campaign
- Bagged 22 multi point games, including a pair of career-high four point outings.
- His shootout goal against the Spokane Chiefs, on Dec. 15, 2019 received attention including a nomination on ESPN SportsCenter’s Top Ten Plays, when the Silvertips defeated Spokane, 4-3 in a shootout in downtown Everett.
- Participated in Hockey Canada’s tryout camp for the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship
- Has 34 points, 52 assists, 86 points, and a +42 rating in 128 career games in a Silvertips jersey.
- What a journey: originally acquired by the Silvertips as a listed player and signed a WHL standard player agreement on Jan. 3, 2018, making his Silvertips and WHL debut four days later against the Victoria Royals.