What can you say about how special it is to witness homegrown talent?
Born in Everett, raised in Everett, and Snohomish County all through to the NHL: that’s the story of Wyatte Wylie and his ascension to the pros as a Philadelphia Flyers prospect, taken in the fifth round in 2018.
What he’s done:
- Signed his 3-year entry level contract with the Flyers in March, 2020
- Last season had career highs in goals (14), assists (50), and points (64) in 62 games, second among WHL defensemen in points and leading in assists.
- Tied for second in the league for power play assists (28), third overall while leading all league defensemen in power play points (35).
- First began skating in the Everett Youth Hockey program and became the first WHL draft selection in Tips history with prior experience in Everett Youth Hockey.
- Tied for second, all-time in points among Silvertips defensemen (152) with teammate Jake Christiansen.
- Second all-time in goals (31) among defensemen, suiting up in 272 career WHL games, 12th in Silvertips history.
- Helped the Silvertips capture three straight U.S. Division title
- Was a part of the Tips 2018 Western Conference championship squad.
- 43 career WHL Playoff games, earning 13 points (3g-10a) with a +15 rating.