The following is a list of current job opportunities and internships (paid and non-paid) available. Please check for the most up-to-date list:
DIGITAL MEDIA / MEDIA RELATIONS INTERNSHIP:
The Everett Silvertips are seeking hard working, driven individuals that would enjoy the opportunity to be involved with our team. We are a driven, poised, and energetic team whose vision and philosophy – with how we connect to our fan base – are constantly building. We’re in search of college students or hungry, entry-level applicants ready to grow with us. In this internship you will be working directly with our digital media and media relations staff in order to help maintain, grow, and improve our outreach through web and social media channels, along with servicing local and national media covering the Silvertips. This experience is designed to appropriately prepare you for a multiple range of communication and media based jobs you would like to get into.
Key focus and learning:
- Assist with press box set-up for game nights
- Work with local and national media outlets for post-game coach or player interviews
- Assist with press release, statistical logging for press notes as needed
- Act as on-site media liaison for in-game needs as necessary
- Organization, assist with upkeep of content database
- Potential broadcast, video, social media experience (based on emphasis of study, experience)
We are looking for:
- Current college students or post graduates
- Candidates with positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism and strong sense of accountability
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and desire to learn the trade
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A high level of comfort interacting with all kinds of people
- Shared passion for the sports business and a desire to work in sports.
- Strong computer and mobile app navigation skills
This internship begins upon date of hire and will end approximately March 2020 or conclusion of hockey season, if extending past March
At intern’s option, internship can be for 1 or 2 quarters (Fall and/or Winter).
Game night: regularly work nights and weekends (typically start 3 hours before game time, end one hour after game’s conclusion)
Non-game day internship: Minimum 10 hours a week (flexible to schedule), along with select games
College credit offered
Because internships with the Silvertips are educational we are willing to work with you if you would like to receive college credit though through your school.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.