Job / Internship Openings – Join our Team!
Job Description: Manager, Broadcasting & Media Relations
The Manager, Broadcasting & Media Relations is responsible for broadcasting all regular season and playoff games and directing all public relations activities to ensure all communication functions meet or exceed organizational standards. The Manager works closely with local, regional, and national media outlets and individuals. The Manager oversees all aspects of team communications by working collaboratively with Hockey and Business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the on-air talent for all Silvertips radio broadcasts
- Direct and coordinate all hockey communications and public relations, including traditional media outlets and social media activities
- Collaboratively manage public relations operations with executive staff, coaching staff, and business operations
- Develop all hockey communication initiatives, strategies, policies, and procedures
- Coordinate media access and serve as team spokesperson, as requested
- Create compelling content for website, social media, and written publications to engage fans
- Develop public outreach programs to consistently communicate with media and the public
- Partner with marketing and sales departments to craft cohesive promotional messages
- Work with outside resources on communications issues related to hockey operations
- Design and implement improved operational standards
- Coordinate operational expense estimate and recording process with accounting
- Oral Communications: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listen and get clarification. Demonstrate group presentation skills and participate in meetings.
- Written Communications: Write in a professional, clear, and informative manner.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills: Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognize training opportunities for staff.
- Change Management: Communicate changes effectively. Build commitment and overcome resistance; prepare and support those affected by change and monitor transition.
- Leadership: Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well. Readily accept feedback from others and provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Display enthusiasm, passion, and optimism.
- Innovation: Display original thinking and creativity. Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment: Display an ability to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation: Demonstrate excellent personal motivation and encourage others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Show persistence and overcome obstacles. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
In addition to possessing the necessary experience and skill set to achieve the tasks established above, the Director of Broadcasting & Public Relations must also meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Experience with all aspects of public relations and broadcasting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs. Experience in content management systems, video production and Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but not required
- Experience with existing and emerging communication technology, including social media
- Experience building, growing, and maintaining positive relationships with the media
- Background in hockey communications strongly preferred
- Candidate must have or be able to receive a valid passport
Salary: $32,500 – $36,000
Position open until filled.
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by September 17, 2021
No phone calls please.
A resume accompanied by a cover letter and audio demo that relates applicant’s experience and qualifications as stated for the position should be sent to: email@example.com
Job Description: Team Store Manager
The Everett Silvertips Hockey Club of the Western Hockey League is looking for a professional and customer service-oriented store supervisor to oversee the day-to-day operations of our team store, the top performing retail outlet in the league.
As the Team Store Supervisor, you will report to the Director, Finance and Administrative Services of Consolidated Sports Holdings, U.S.A (CSH). You will be responsible for retail customer service, part-time staff supervision and training, and basic up-keep of the store front. You must be able to improve customer satisfaction and meet monthly sales goals. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Serve as the first point-of-contact for all retail customers. Helps customers by providing information, answering questions, obtaining merchandise requests, completing payment transactions, and preparing merchandise for delivery.
- Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; producing merchandise displays in showcases and on sales floor.
- Receives all new merchandise and ensures that all product is accounted for before submitting any paperwork for payment to vendor.
- Open and close the point of sales computers. Responsible for ensuring that the accurate amount of cash is always in the register.
- Regularly communicates with management to address store needs for product.
- Serves as Game-day Manager on Silvertips’ game nights with all operations of the store; supervising game-day only employees and provides a strong leadership presence and control in store, while ensuring all customers receive good service and quality merchandise.
- Assists in hiring game-day only employees and actively recruits to ensure open positions are filled quickly and with quality personnel and provides effective training for all store new hires.
- Conduct physical inventory count upon request.
- Ensures company standards are always met for store and associate appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years Retail Customer Service Experience
- 1+ years Point-of-Sale and Cash Handling Experience
- 1+ years Retail Supervisor and Key Holder Experience
- Knowledge of Hockey
- Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights, weekends, and occasional holidays for game day staffing.
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Detail Oriented and Proven Organizational Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good Working Knowledge of Computer Programs including Microsoft Office, Internet, and Database Programs
- Ability to Work Independently or in a Team
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Stand for Long Periods of Time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position Type and Expectation of Work Hours:
- Part-Time, Hourly
- Regular Store Hours – 18 hours per week; Thursday – Saturday (negotiable)
- ALL game days and Silvertips events held at the arena (5+ hours per game/event)
- Please send résumé and cover letter to the address or email below.
- Your cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
- Can you commit to ALL 34 regular season home Silvertips games (September – March), as well as ALL home preseason games (typically August and September), and ALL home playoff games (typically March – May) each season? (2021-22 Season Schedule Here)
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- Why would you like to be a part of the Everett Silvertips Hockey Club?
- Once received, your résumé and cover letter will be reviewed, and all eligible applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- NO Calls Please.
Everett Silvertips Hockey Club
2000 Hewitt Ave, STE 100
Everett, WA 98201
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status or any other protected
* Professional image and demeanor.
* Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
Job Description: Everett Silvertips game night promotion team
The Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League are looking for passionate hockey ambassadors to join our game night promotions crew. Each game night is more than just 60 minutes of action, it’s an experience that nobody in the seats will ever forget. You’ll be a part of their memory and we’re looking forward to you joining our family.
- Interacting with thousands of fans at every home game at Angel of the Winds Arena and facilitate fan-facing promotions and contests.
- Bringing current initiatives to life, helping drive awareness, sales, and enhance the Silvertips experience for every fan, every game night.
- Welcoming fans and entertaining fans throughout the game, as well as participating in games on-ice during the intermission and other various promotions.
- Partnering with Silvertips marketing, ticket sales, corporate partnerships, and youth hockey initiatives to help conduct supplementary events when necessary.
We’re looking for individuals who embrace the following qualities:
- Communicate with a strong, outgoing personality and body language
- Commit to between majority to all Silvertips home games, finishing the task at hand and give 110 percent each time
- Accept high-pressure situations as an opportunity to thrive and become a star
- Enthusiastic about the Everett Silvertips and the game of hockey
- Buys in to the Silvertips core values and pledges to make everyone better around them
- Help build long-term fan loyalty with the game day experience, welcoming them with a smile the moment they walk right through the doors.
- Embrace our spirit of innovation. Try something new. Got an idea? Share it with our staff!
- Easily approachable and able to interact with connect with our fans
- Willingness to serve as an ambassador at supplementary Silvertips events when necessary
- Pay attention to the details with care
APPLY: Please submit your resume with subject “Interested: promo team” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Everett Silvertips are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Team will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws.