Making the most of his opportunity: Jake Christiansen started with a 16-year old season where found the lineup regularly. By the end of it all, he scored opposing goaltenders to lead the WHL’s defensemen in goals in his final season, en route to a three-year, entry level contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Jake Christiansen is a part of the Silvertips All-Decade Team.
- Led WHL defensemen with 22 goals, 2019-20
- That same year, earned 50 points in just 38 games – returning to the Silvertips for his overage season on Dec. 5 after starting the season with the Stockton Heat of the American Hockey League on an amateur tryout offer, suiting up in nine AHL games.
- Previously skated with the St. Louis Blues and Calgary Flames in development and training camps, and has 152 points (50g-102a) in 297 career WHL games with the Silvertips
- Helped guide the club to three consecutive U.S. Division titles
- In 2017-18 was a member of their Western Conference championship squad.
- 17 points (3g-14a) in 51 career WHL Playoff games
- First defenseman in Silvertips history to reach the 20-goal plateau
- In franchise history among defensemen: is 1st in goals (50), 3rd in assists (102), tied for 2nd in points (149), and 2nd in games (297).